Saturday 17 July 2010

Thinking of You

This little cutie is a Pink Gem freebie and I wanted to enter it in this month's Pink Gem challenge so I've sort of followed their sketch.  I have created the layout by masking and using ink, so it looks like the correct layers even though it's not layered (except the popped up image) - does that make any sense?

This is the first time I've used my new liquid pearls and it was looking quite disastrously until I remembered watching someone flick the card to make them settle into a blob rather than a mountain (or something else my dirty mind was thinking of!).  They look ok now but hopefully my next attempt will be better.

This card makes me think of summer - sitting in amongst all those flowers with butterflies flying around, hence why I've entered this into quite a few summer themed challenges.

Anyway, I want to enter this card into quite a few challenges, so here goes...

Allsorts - summer
Bee crafty - 3d (the main image is popped up)
By the cute and girly - Summer days
Pink Gem - Sketch
Little Paper Shop - Distressing (I added ink around the edges of the heart)
Bunny Zoe's - Summer days
Daisy doodles - Summertime
Papertake Weekly - In the garden
CAS-tastic - SIMPLE (Stamped, Inked, Masking)
CRAFT - children

18 comments:

  1. Love the image Heather and your inking and masking looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! I love all the soft colors. Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card :-) the image is lovely and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-) I never heard of that tip with liquid pearls ,, I will give it a go next time I use it ,, I always make a mess of it and don't use it very often ! when i do mine are the mis-shaped freshwater type :-)

    thanks for joining us on the PTW Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Heather - such a cute image.
    Thanks for taking on my challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cutie she is, and I think your pearls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, love the colours and such a lovely image. Thanks for joining us over on BTC&G this month. nnalorac.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute and pretty Heather, I love the simple layout it works so well...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling cute image! Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with the Little Paper Shop challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday Clean and Simple "S.I.M.P.L.E." challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, very soft colours! Thanks for joining us at the PGD challenge Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweetie! The masking and liquid pearls are perfect together, it is so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Bee Crafty this week!
    ~*Joni BC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great take on the sketch...Beautiful colouring...thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card. Love the sweet image. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cute image, well done on entering so many challenges!!

    thanks for joining in the Allsorts fun this week :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi stunning creation love the take on the chall..great image & colouring
    thanks for sharing & joining us at A gem of a Chall.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sweet and simple card. Lovely to see you at By The Cute and Girly this month.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet and simple design! I love it! Great tip with the Liquid Pearls too!
    Thanks for playing along at "A Gem of a Challenge!"
    Hugs to you,
    Pam
    Guest DT

    ReplyDelete